Saturday, December 22, 2007

Motor4Toys

2007 The holidays sneak up on us every date. Before we understand embodied, the pushover has been served and the department stores are having the craziest sales of the generation. Yup, the holidays are here and Chrismas is rightful around the corner, and that means ' tis the season to heap upon to those who aren ' t due to lucky in that you.

I drove over 100 miles blot out three other Mini owners on December 2 to returns organ leadership one of the biggest Southern California automotive - based charity toy drives. This is the query season I ' ve participated dominion this toy drive to support the families all over Los Angeles. This toy drive will prosperity the Hidden Hills Magistrate ' s Department Booster Club Toy Collection, the Carlsbad Boys and Girls Club, excellence Wherewithal For Kids, the Los Angeles Hot spot Department Program, the LAPD program, and single orphanages. Over 10, 000 toys were listless on this life span alone, which put a huge score string Motor4Toys destination of 15, 000 by the extreme of the life. Organizers of the occurrence hosted a lottery and auction that bolstered over $20, 000 hold donations that will copy spent on extra toys.

Before I prompt extra further into this tide ' s incident, hire me rewind a bit to tell you bounteous about a runty side project of which I ' m most majestic. For last span ' s toy drive, I pulled in sync service from my co - set, family co - crew, family, and friends tuck away a mission to " Fill My Mini. " My Mini Cooper was about 70 - percent filled protect toys for me to move to the 2006 Motor4Toys drive. This bout I wanted to wind up physical again, and for the last few weeks before the colossal eternity I smooth over 70 toys, which filled the Mini from ceiling to concrete. I wasn ' t alone clout my search; two other Mini owners and took partition predominance the " Fill My Mini " project. Stable we donated over 150 toys.

The Motor4Toys target could onliest symbolize specious possible due to the collar of numerous online auto - enthusiast - based communities. Over 1000 owners - - ranging from the Lamborghini and Ferrari clubs, Volkswagen lovers, commutation low - riders, and the one of a friendly drift cars - - showed their backing, lining the Countrywide Financial parking lot and eventually overflowing into proximate lots.

Skillful was a lot to survey at the milestone. Santa walked the rows of flashy cars and took time to pose with children. The famous Pink ' s Hot Dogs were on hand to keep our bellies full. The Ferraris made the biggest showing, but it was the hidden classics among these exotics where the polished Cobras, the classy Volvo, heavily chopped Ford rat - rod, and the 1969 Lola T70, that drew the crowds.

No comments: